DATA COLLECTION POLICY
This Data Collection Policy applies to information Data Safeguard collects about individuals who interact with our company or with Personal Identifiable Information (PII) or Personal Health Information (PHI) that we obtain and is under our control and responsibility. It explains what personal information we collect and how we use it.
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
personal data that we collect & process
how we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Process our ID-REDACT™ and ID-MASK™
- reply to inquiries you send to us.
- handle payments or other transactions that you initiate.
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work that we think may interest you.
when we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party.
- we are using a third party or one of our customers purely for the purposes of processing data on their behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfills our legal obligations in relation to the use of third-party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
- we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
when long we keep your data
We take the data privacy principles of data minimization and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected based on consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every five years or as the jurisdictional law requires, whatever is smaller.
rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time, and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please contact us.
Please note that relying on these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some of our services. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g., remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website. We currently do not collect and analyse cookies on our data web site or other data collection activities.